AAAAHHHHH!!!! What a horrible trip!!! On arrival at the lake one of my tie down rachets was jammed. After trying to free it for 20 minutes I finally just cut the strap. Got out on the lake and within 30 minutes broke my light weight spinning rod AND the Abu Garcia Cardinal reel too. Met some friends and we caught some bait then headed up river to fish. River depth went from 9 feet to 1 foot instantly. All three of us hit bottom. Really chewed up my brand new propeller!! That night the drag broke on my Okuma Classic XL flathead reel! Next morning I caught 2 small largemouth bas and decided to head for home. Met another friend in the parking lot right after getting my boat back on the trailer. As I was pulling out of the parking lot my right trailer wheel bearing broke and the wheel came off dumping the trailer/boat onto the trailer brake backing plate. I have BoatU.S. Trailer Assist towing insurance, so called them. It took 3 hours to get a tow rig that could handly my trailer out to me. It ended up being an 18 wheeler heavy haul rig. Got the boat/trailer home 2 hours later. Heavy haul rig, 50 mile tow= $1700 towing bill!!!! Thank God for BoatU.S. towing insurance. Didn't cost a dime. So now I bought a used dual axle trailer that I'm reconditioning and then I'll need to transfer my boat from the ols single axle trailer to the new dual axle trailer. Pretty darn expensive fishing trip eh?

Posted Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, I've put in new wheel bearings, new hubs on the non brake axle, new drums on the brake axle, new wheel cylinders and master cylinder, carpeted new bunks and fender walls and installed them and found a marine dealer within @ 7 miles that will transfer the boat from the old trailer to the new one. Will do that next week. A lot of work but now the trailer is like new mechanically.

Posted Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:19 pm

AZ Fish Finder

Social Links